Visit the UVM Extension New Farmer Project Website for more resources for beginning and aspiring farmers.
This website will provide you with a virtual toolshed—everything you need to create a personalized business development plan. It connects you with an array of online and on-the-ground resources, from fact sheets and guidebooks to courses, workshops and webinars to assist in your farm development.
Some features to check out:
- Start by signing up for the New Farmer Email list. Our sign-up form lets you tell us what topics you’re interested in so that we can be sure that you know about learning opportunities and resources related to those topics without cluttering your inbox.
- Browse our Calendar to find about classes, workshops, field days, webinars and other educational events relevant to aspiring and beginning farmers. Most of these events occur in Vermont or neighboring states, but we also sometimes list relevant national conferences or learning opportunities.
- Poke around our virtual “Toolsheds” using the navigation menu on the left side of the website page. Use the topic area links to the left to research and explore topics of interest to you. You’ll find fact sheets, guides, webinar recordings, and other informational materials in each toolshed. We’re adding new information weekly, so check back to these areas often.
- Visit our Resource Guide to get connected to all the organizations offering services to Vermont’s new farmers.
- Register for a webinar or course or workshop. Online, in the classroom and in the field, our educational offerings focus on seasonally important topics for people who are establishing and growing new farm businesses.
- Network with other farmers, and check out land, employment and funding opportunities.
- Tell us what you think by posting here. We always appreciate feedback on how to make our website and blog more valuable to you. Your input is critical to the success of the New Farmer Project!